The department is assigned, throughout the state, with the statutory responsibilities of:
- Flood abatement and provision of flood relief at distress times
- All year-round cleaning and maintenance of secondary collector drains; and tertiary drains where necessary.
- Respond to correspondence/complaints from the public on flood matters.
- Re-construction and Rehabilitation of collapsed drains and other hydraulic structures which are encountered in the course of our activities.
- Also, we are involved in the construction of drains and related hydraulic structures.